12.20.2010

Day 20

A Favorite Recipe

Matt and I have made my mom's famous salsa a couple times recently, and some people have wanted the recipe. Perfect, because today I have to share a favorite recipe! "My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants." I didn't say that, Eminem did.

Wendy's Famous Salsa

2 cans diced tomatoes (put in blender/Magic Bullet/food processor to chop up a little)
1 can Ro-Tel (tomatoes w/ peppers) (blender too)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can chopped green chilies
4 fresh tomatoes - chopped
4 green onions - chopped into small pieces
chopped cilantro  (we like to use the whole thing because cilantro is awesome)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp squeezed lime (you can't go wrong with more)
1 tsp salt

Mix. Devour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm salsa... :)