2.18.2008

Monster Jam

Saturday night was my first Monster Jam and first time at the Delta Center...whatever it's called now. I have the same problem with the Ballpark in Arlington cause technically it's now the Ameriquest Stadium. I think. Anyway, Jared had 3 tickets to go, so we went. I wore my Harley Davidson t shirt cause I felt it was the most appropriate shirt I had for this event.

Here's Matt & Jared. People mistake him for my husband sometimes.


That guy looks quite small.




El Matador showin' the other guy who's boss. Supposedly the guy driving the other truck was paralized from the waist down, so that's kinda cool. Someone should tell Mark Evans to practice to become a monster truck driver.






7 comments:

Jared said...

I look really weird in this picture. I look like I'm about 60. It's kinda scary. Your thoughts?

wendy said...

WEll, Kari and Matt, you are more accomplished than I am. I have never been to a Monster Jam!! And Jared, I think you look really young. I do agree w/you, it is a weird picture of you. You're more handsome in real life!!
Mommy Dearest

Kari said...

Yeah, Jare, you DO look weird. :) At least your mouth isn't open like every other picture of you.

Missy said...

It's actually The Rangers Ballpark in Arlington now because Ameriquest is under a bunch of lawsuits or something. I guess they just want to confuse us more!

Elise said...

Ok...I hope my comment doesn't show up 3 times. I struggle. I can't claim the table cause we were actually at my friends house. I beleive she traded her sister some bar stools for the table. I love making the letters...it is so much fun. I just don't have any room in my house anymore so I end up having to give them all away.

Elise said...

Well...you paint the back and sides and then glue the paper on and use a nail file or sand paper to file the paper off and have a nice edge. At Robert's you can find a ton of paper with different patterns that come from the same scheme. Then you have to embellish it with ribbon, brads, etc. I found my letters at Robert's Crafts...they are paper mache...the wood ones are pretty pricey....unless you want the super tiny ones. If you end up doing it I want to see the finished product!

Elise said...

Oh...and I also just got some vinyl for my Cricut(die cut machine)... so I'm going to try making some signs using that...I'll let you know how that goes!