I'll copy Darren & Adrianne and make up a quiz of movie quotes. Since it's STUPID to have a quiz without an answer key, mine will be at the bottom. But don't look unless you really have to. Let us begin.
1. It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. we're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.
2. Vengeance is a lazy form of grief.
3. Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
4. What do you do? You laugh. I'm not saying I don't cry, but in between, I laugh, and I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus, I look forward to a good cry. It feels pretty good.
5. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.
6. When I was a kid, I thought I was. I can't believe I'm crying already. Sometimes I think people don't understand how lonly it is to be a kid, like you don't matter. So, I'm eight, and I have these dolls. My favorite is this ugly girl doll who I call Clementine, and I keep yelling at her, "You can't be ugly! Be pretty!" It's weird, like if I can transform her, I would magically change, too.
7. As we grow older, it become difficult to just believe. It's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened that we just can't.
8. Things will happen in your life that you can't stop. But that's no reason to shut out the world.
9. The human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are all noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.
10. Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.
11. I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.
12. What I want to do and what I do are two separate things. If we all went around doing what we wanted all the time, there'd be chaos.
13. I think that sometimes we love people so much that we have to be numb to it. Because if we actually felt how much we really loved them, it would kill us. That doesn't make you a bad person; it means your heart's too big.
14. When two people love each other, the answer to that question is simple. When you get to that point where enough is enough...never. Never.
15. Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.
16. We're living in a material world, and I'm a material girl...or boy.
17. Even I'm eatable! But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.
18. Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!
19. We'll all grow up someday. We might as well know what we want.
20. Okay, what am I doing? I'm chasing this guy. Nope, he's chasing me.
Answers: 1. Crash; 2. The Interpreter; 3. Fight club; 4. Garden State; 5. Shawshank Redemption; 6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind; 7. Now & Then; 8. Now & Then; 9. Dead Poets Society; 10. My Big Fat Greek wedding; 11. Girl, Interrupted; 12. Simon Birch; 13. Riding in cars with Boys; 14. The Mexican; 15. Eternal Sunshine; 16. The Wedding Singer; 17. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; 18. Donnie Darko; 19. Little Women; 20. Memento