3.22.2011

I actually finished a project!

Unfinished projects in our house at this moment:
- kitchen ceiling repaint in the spot where Matt moved the light
- regrout tile in entryway and downstairs bath
- paint the front door
- paint kitchen cabinets
- finish fixing hole in bathroom wall
- finish fixing hole in living room wall
- paint molding behind TV and desk
- finish sewing ruffles onto drapes (UGH)
- finish fixing wall and molding in laundry room where Olive ate it about three+ years ago
- sand stripes in upstairs bathroom, then paint it white, then paint yellow stripes
- paint new frame around mirror
- paint all molding upstairs
- regrout upstairs bathroom because of Beck's paint spill
- paint to ceiling in our room since we're not going to do crown molding anymore
- touch up ceilings everywhere
- frame and hang pictures in living room

I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop there. I saw a blog recently where the girl painted her refrigerator in chalkboard paint. You know I've been interested in doing something to my refrigerator. Remember this post? I started doing the polka dot idea, but it became a hassle, and when things become a hassle, I quit. I have every intention of finishing it, but I never do (that's also why I'm about to paint my upstairs bathroom for the...let me count...fifth, I think, time). This project was easy enough to finish. 

I forgot to take a good before picture, and when I remembered, we had already taken the fridge out of its nook and I moved all magnets and papers to the front so I could paint the side. So here she is.


Here she is in all her painted glory. Minus handles. I haven't painted those yet. See our new tile backsplash? I should write about that sometime.


I read that you should first prime/season/prep (what's the right word?) the whole area by using the chalk on its side, then wiping it off. So now we're ready to go. Notice how Beck got a little excited and confused and started drawing on the wall. I laughed really hard at that. And don't mind his attire. Matt dressed him for bed, and we were out of pajamas his size.




7 comments:

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

I hear ya when it comes to unfinished projects around the house.
I love the back splash. Red, black and white always look awesome together.
K you now have the coolest fridge ever. What a great idea. I like!

Brooke said...

Very cute! Love how smooth the finish turned out.

Lindsey said...

It looks like your unfinished project list is as long as mine! I love the new fridge. What a good idea. Boston just draws all over the walls with crayons so we have no need for something like that! I swear he hides crayons in his diaper.

Amy said...

I like it way more than I thought I would. And hooray for finishing projects!

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

WOW! Great job. That's a cool project. And I love that Beck got confused. So cute!

Chelsi Lasater said...

I love it! I'm going to do it. So what d you mean by prepping it? I need deets.

Unknown said...

Very cool project! I like how Beck got a little over zealous... hehe.