9.01.2011

Things I do not like, things I hate, and things that annoy me


Maybe you're thinking, "Gee golly, that title sounds so gosh darn negative," but I think these things are way more interesting to read about than lovey dovey stuff. And this is my blog, and in the words of Adam Sandler/Robbie Hart*, I have a microphone (metaphorically), and you don't, so you will listen to every damn word I have to say! Unless you click away, of course.

- the L key on my keyboard. Olive did something to it, and now it's crooked and hard to push. If you read something without an L, that is why, my friends. Please forgive me. Know that I am competely humiiated to make an error ike that. Ok, I did those on purpose.

- when a CD is playing in my car (is that old school yet?) and it gets turned all the way down instead of off. I hate that it keeps playing, unheard.

- when the volume on the TV is too loud.

- when people say/write "needless to say..." followed by whatever it is that is needless. Don't say it then!

- when people write a smiley face this way (: instead of this way :) It just throws me off!

- excessive use of smileys. Some people may hate smileys altogether, but I don't hate 'em. I do hate this one: :P Stick your little cyber tongue back in your cyber mouth or I'll want to punch you in your real life face.

- when bloggers don't tell you what they're talking about and make you click on a link to see. Tell me what it is, and if you pique my interest, I'll click over. Example: "My husband bought me this!"

- when people post Facebook statuses that leave you with questions. Do you know what I'm talking about? The ones that sound kind of juicy, so you want to know what they're talking about, but they tell you basically nothing, just so you'll ask.

- when bloggers say local. "I got it at my local Home Depot." Seriously?! You didn't drive three states over and get it at THAT Home Depot?? GOOD TO KNOW!

- stupid (made up) names and names with stupid spellings. Each time I see a ridiculously spelled name, I post it on my cousin's facebook wall so she can join me in a mutual groan of disgust.

- when people call their baby's room a nursery. "The nursery." I just hate that for some reason! And why doesn't my room get a special name?

- when I don't get a reply. I aksed you something. Respond. (Yeah, I meant to spell it aksed.) Oh, I just remembered something that goes along with this. I called a doctor's office to make an appointment, and the lady said she would get the nurse to call me back. She didn't call me that day, and she didn't call me the next day either. Today I called and explained that I was waiting for a nurse to call. She was busy and needed to call me back. I'm still waiting. Hopefully I don't die waiting for this appointment that I can't schedule!

- when couples have a joint facebook profile. How 'bout you each be your own person?

- soft talkers. I don't want to have to focus really hard to understand what you're saying.

- when I don't hear something, so I say, "What?" only for that person to repeat just the last part of what they said, which does not usually include a subject or verb, and I still have no idea what they're saying. Ok, I'm really struggling with explaining this. I wish I could come up with a good example, but I can't. Do you know what I'm trying to say??

(Perhaps those last two should make me get my ears checked. I think I listened to my music too loudly in my younger days. I have old neighbors that would agree to that. They sure were lame college students. Looosers...ha, just kidding. Kind of. Ok, not really.)

- stupidity. In June, I overpaid a bill (I guess I'm stupid too), so I had an email conversation with the billing department. I told the person, "Go ahead and have the clerk send the whole amount." Recently I was thinking about how I don't remember ever getting the refund. I emailed them, and they said, "She misunderstood and thought you wanted to leave the money on it in case you reopened the account." Hmm yes, I can see how "send the whole amount" could be confusing...

Has this been enough ranting, or are you thirsty for more? I just love that Kevin McCallister. You know, from Home Alone. "You guys give up yet? Or are you thirsty for more?" Crap, I just said that I love something in this post. Consistency fail.

*I also love The Wedding Singer. Double fail. Oh no, love is coming out to counter all the negativity in this post. I'll try to repress it.

9 comments:

kayla gale said...

Why do I agree with this whole blog? If you see ridiculous names, feel free to let me know them too.

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

I want in on the name game... i just LOOOOOOVE this post! Seriously needless to say, but I loved it.

About the soft talkers. Sometimes I think I'm a soft talker to people, but really I'm not, I'm a soft yeller. Is that weird? I talk to people too loud in person and on the phone, Pierce reminds me of it everyday. But I can't yell to get people's attention for the life of me.

Again, from this local SoCal resident, LOVED this post.

Paige said...

Yes, I agree with everything here.

I hate when you say, "What?" and the person only repeats the last part. I get that on conference calls all the time. "Did you blah blah blah with the blah blah blah on page 10?" "I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" "Page 10." Thank you. THAT is the part I missed.

Lindsey said...

I agree with EVERYTHING in this post. (There were even a few things I had never thought much about that will bug me now.) I really enjoy that your blog isn't full of all the lovey dovey stuff. Those blogs make me feel like crap about my life and that's not why I read blogs. So thanks for keeping it real. And making me realize things that bug me more than I thought. (Although I do spell my daugter's name a little weird. I'm hoping it isn't on your list. But since we both love the name Boston I don't care what you think about my other kid's name I guess.)

Chelsi Lasater said...

Fabulous.

Emily & Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily & Eric said...

Thanks for clearing up the whole smiley face tongue thing for me. I never really knew what that meant or was when people sent it to me. Guess I am a little slow. But I love this post and pretty much all of your random posts. And we miss you Matt and Beck. Hope you are doing good! (The joint FB thing - Lame)

Fred said...

:P

Jen said...

I laughed during this post. A lot.

By reading this though, I found a few more things that I didn't realize bugged me. Which brings my list of annoyances to an even million.

I'm thirsty for more.