2.15.2012

You just don't know

You know how you're a great parent before you actually become a parent? Things are always different when you're there.

Well, not everything. I've never been a huge fan of babies/kids, but I figured (hoped) it would be different when I had my own. And it really is. So that part wasn't different than I expected.

I always thought I'd have three kids. Maybe four. One or two were completely not an option because that would be way too boring to be an only child or only to have one sibling. Recently I've been feeling like one kid would be fine. Not because I don't like parenthood, but I just don't want to start ALL OVER. And Beck is so much more fun now than during the whole baby phase that I'd like to have a baby and then skip the first year. Maybe I'll completely change my mind when I have another baby...surprise is the name of this game, anyway.

I was really oddly happy when I juiced a zucchini last summer and Beck drank it. REALLY ODDLY HAPPY.

Today Beck peed in the toilet while standing. The REALLY ODDLY HAPPY thing happened again.

This parenthood thing is weird. If you're not there yet, just you wait.

Look closely at our 'staches.

P.S. The other day Beck was saying, "Mommy, wook! Wook, Mommy!" I went to see what was so exciting, and I saw that he left a log (not the wood kind) on the bathroom floor. The REALLY ODDLY HAPPY thing didn't happen then. If you want to see a picture, let me know.

6 comments:

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

He looks like Roman in that picture.

And yes, please text me the log pic. :) :) That deserved a double smiley.

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

haha. Cute post. It is strange the things that make us giddy as parents.

ps. We miss you guys

Unknown said...

I feel like I just read something that I would have written. Everything you wrote, and I mean EVERYTHING is exactly how I feel about babies/kids. I never wanted to hold my friends' new babies, or any baby for that matter. I hated the baby stage (with a passion)!! I can honestly say that I can't think of one single part I liked about it.
As for the number of kids thing... We probably want 3 or 4 too. The only thing that's different with me is that I want them all close together. I guess I don't want to feel like I'm eternally pregnant. I want to get it all over with. Does that even make sense?
Anyway, liked your post!

Jen said...

Ha, ha. I think the same thing sometimes. It's just so much fun to have a little sidekick running around, who wants to ruin it with constant breastfeeding, crying, and sleepless nights?
Cute picture of you two with the 'staches.

Melani said...

I've worried that I won't like my kids very much since I'm not that fond of tiny humans. You have comforted me.

Chelsi Lasater said...

Motherhood has blossomed you.